Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
Inconsistent / confusing open and close of components of same type
Inconsistent / confusing open and close of components of same type.
In the sample scene, look at the TestObj. It has 3 identical components, which for the sake of showing what's happening have an OnDrawGizmos event.
Make sure that all the scripts are 'open' (not minimized in the list of components in the inspector). Now close 1 of the 'TestDrawGizmos' components. It will minimize, and all the gizmos will disappear from the scene. This is indicative that all scripts of the same type have been closed in the inspector - if you click on the Main Camera and then back on TestObj, you'll see that they're now all showing as minimized. The same thing happens if you open one of the minimized scripts - they all get un-minimized, you can see the 3 gizmos, you just don't see any change in the inspector.
Ideally, minimizing one instance of a script wouldn't minimize every copy of that script everywhere. This is especially true when using gizmos - I might want to be able to hide one or two to be able to see/access other gizmos more easily.
I can understand why this might have been done purposefully (that's how the Gizmos dropdown in the scene view works, by minimizing all copies of the script in parallel), but as it is now it's very confusing behaviour.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2020.3] Play Mode has visual artifacts when Graphics API is set to DirectX12 with Dynamic Resolution enabled
- White texture appears when setting “RenderTextureFormat.Depth” to “RenderTexture” on the Camera
- Cursor is visible when using “Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.Locked” and “Cursor.visible = false”
- Material.SetOverrideTag setting LightMode tag has no effect
- Decal is not rendered when in Camera component Culling Mask dropdown field Default is unselected