Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2019.1, 2019.2
[Improved prefabs] Editor freezes after applying an original prefab as a child through override window
Editor freezes after applying an original prefab as a child through override window. Refer attached video.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a new project.
2) Create an empty gameObject A.
3) Create a prefab by dragging in the project browser.
4) Drag this prefab again in the project browser > In dialogue box select > Create Original. Call this prefab B
5) Add B as a child of A
6) Select A > In Overrides window > Apply all.
Actual result: Editor freezes.
Expected result: Cyclic nesting exception should be thrown.
Occurring on: 2019.2.0a14, 2019.2.0a10
Working fine on: 2019.3.0a1, 2019.2.0a9, 2019.1.0f1
Environment: Both Mac and Windows
Note: When adding the child prefab through hierarchy, argument exception is thrown in console.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Mac] Unity Hub encounters a critical error when trying to launch it after logging out
- [XR SDK | GLES] large gpu perf regression ~3 ms
- UploadHandlerFile.contentType cannot be set and always returns "text/plain"
- [XR][URP][Shader Graph][Android] Shader graph shaders are not rendering on Android when using texture array layout (multiview)
- Cloth behaving different after upgrading to 2019.2.9 from 2018.3