Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2019.1, 2019.2
[Improved prefabs] Editor freezes after applying an original prefab as a child through override window
Editor freezes after applying an original prefab as a child through override window. Refer attached video.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a new project.
2) Create an empty gameObject A.
3) Create a prefab by dragging in the project browser.
4) Drag this prefab again in the project browser > In dialogue box select > Create Original. Call this prefab B
5) Add B as a child of A
6) Select A > In Overrides window > Apply all.
Actual result: Editor freezes.
Expected result: Cyclic nesting exception should be thrown.
Occurring on: 2019.2.0a14, 2019.2.0a10
Working fine on: 2019.3.0a1, 2019.2.0a9, 2019.1.0f1
Environment: Both Mac and Windows
Note: When adding the child prefab through hierarchy, argument exception is thrown in console.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Scene View] Gizmos dropdown disappears while toggling Windzone checkbox with its tooltip open
- Crash in StackAllocator::TryDeallocate when calling ParticleSystemRenderer.BakeMesh
- Modifying scoped registries in project manifest does not update Package Manager UI window
- Models change their position in scene when upgrading project
- Texture 'Read/Write' option does not double the memory in Profiler