Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
[Improved Prefab] Inspector and hierarchy window does not update after clicking documentation icon in prefab override window
Inspector and hierarchy window does not update after clicking documentation icon in prefab override window. Even when new GameObjects are created, it only shows up in scene window and does not show up in hierarchy and game window. Refer to the attached video.
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new Project.
2. Create cube Prefab > Select Instance in Hierarchy > Add Box Collider.
3. Got to Override window > Select Box Collider.
4. In the comparison window, select the documentation icon.
Unity documentation opens and in Unity, Inspector window does not refresh and no new GameObjects can be created.
Inspector window does refresh and Gameobject can create in Hierarchy.
2019.1.0a9, 2018.3.0b11, 2018.3.0b1, 2018.3.a7.
NOTE: Improved Prefab has been introduced in 2018.3.0a6.
Occurs only on Windows.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released