Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
[Improved Prefab] Inspector and hierarchy window does not update after clicking documentation icon in prefab override window
Inspector and hierarchy window does not update after clicking documentation icon in prefab override window. Even when new GameObjects are created, it only shows up in scene window and does not show up in hierarchy and game window. Refer to the attached video.
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new Project.
2. Create cube Prefab > Select Instance in Hierarchy > Add Box Collider.
3. Got to Override window > Select Box Collider.
4. In the comparison window, select the documentation icon.
Unity documentation opens and in Unity, Inspector window does not refresh and no new GameObjects can be created.
Inspector window does refresh and Gameobject can create in Hierarchy.
2019.1.0a9, 2018.3.0b11, 2018.3.0b1, 2018.3.a7.
NOTE: Improved Prefab has been introduced in 2018.3.0a6.
Occurs only on Windows.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator
- "Object.FindObjectsOfType<T>() is obsolete" warning is thrown when using "Transitions Plus" asset
- [Mono] Crash on SystemNative_ReadDirR() when building for IOS/Android on a macOS machine