Search Issue Tracker
Importing package causes import loop when its path is child of another imported package
1. Open the attached project "ImportPackageLoop.zip"
2. Open Window > Package Manager
3. Click the plus and "Add package from disk..."
4. Import "FeatureSets/package.json"
5. Import "FeatureSets/Sub/package.json"
Expected result: Package is imported
Actual result: Import starts looping, attempting to import the root package and then the child package
Reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.14f1, 2021.1.14f1, 2021.2.0b3, 2022.1.0a2
Could not test with: 2018.4.36f1 (unable to add package)
Note: If unable to open project due to import loop, delete the "Packages" folder
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform