Search Issue Tracker
Unity crashes sometimes after deleting asset files from project folder
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Unity;
2. Create new project and scene;
3. Import Vehicles package from Standart assets (Assets --> Import Package --> Vehicles);
4. In the Editor's Project window go to Assets - Standart Assets - Vehicles - Car - Models;
5. Drag 'SkyCar.fbx' model to the Scene view;
6. Right click on 'SkyCar' model and click "Show in Explorer";
7. Delete "SkyCar.fbx" file from the project folder in file explorer;
8. Click on red SkyCar prefab in Hierarchy view.
Unity crashes (see attached gif video).
Last calls in the stacktrace:
0x00000001400D6F53 (Unity) RenderNodeQueue::Cleanup
0x00000001400D705B (Unity) RenderNodeQueue::~RenderNodeQueue
0x0000000140B9B35E (Unity) GrayscaleFilterEffect::RenderGrayscaleFade
0x0000000140B9B430 (Unity) GrayscaleFilterEffect::RenderGrayscaleFade
0x0000000140B9B495 (Unity) GrayscaleFilterEffect::RenderGrayscaleFade
0x0000000140B9B56C (Unity) GrayscaleFilterEffect::RenderGrayscaleFade
Regression introduced in Unity 5.4.0a5.
Please notice, that crash may not happen each time.
Editor should not crash after deleting fbx files from project folder.
- Reproduces in 5.4.0b5;
- Crash also happens when deleting .spm files (SpeedTree assets);
- Reproduces on both Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and on OSX 10.11.3;
- To reproduce this crash more likely the viewpoint in the scene should be situated very close to the model itself (see attached video for clarity);
- Crash also happens when deleting files from Editor's Project tab;
- Crash may produce different stacktrace or even not to launch bugreporter.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GUIUtility.hotControl controlID value does not change when clicking with the Left Mouse Button
- ScriptableObject.OnDestroy is not called after Respouces.UnloadUnusedAssets
- UI stops rendering when WaterSurface's Caustics are enabled
- Black screen frame appears in the WebGL Player when the Unity loading screen is over
- Crash on WriteParticleLineVertex when the "Generate Lighting Data" property is enabled in the Particle System