Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.2
[IL2CPP] System out of Memory exception is thrown if ScriptableObject is loaded from inside a DLL
1. Download attached project “ReproduceSOLoadCrash 2.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "SampleScene" scene
3. Enter to Play mode
4. Observe that within the Console "Logger settings loaded" message is printed
5. Change Platform to Standalone, iOS or Android
6. Change Scripting Backend to IL2CPP
7. Build and Run project
Expected results: Player does not Crash after Splash Screen
Actual results: Player Crashes after Splash Screen and throws "System out of memory" exception
- This issue appears on Windows Standalone, macOS Standalone, iOS, and Android (IL2CPP)
- This issue does not appear on Editor
- This issue does not appear if Scripting Backend is Mono
Reproduced on Unity 2018.3.0b7, 2018.3.5f1, 2019.1.0b3 and 2019.2.0a4
Not reproduced on Unity 2018.2.20f1 and 2018.3.0b6
Regression on Unity 2018.3.0b7
Work around this issue by adding a link.xml file with the following contents to the Assets/ folder of the project: <linker> <assembly fullname="core-logger-unity" preserve="all"/> </linker> This will prevent the managed code stripper from incorrectly removing managed bytecode from the core-logger-unity.dll assembly. This incorrect code removal is the source of the problem.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website