Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
[IL2CPP] [macOS] Equality checking with 'ReferenceEquals' and '==' is faster using Mono
1. Open the attached project.
2. Build the 'Test' scene as macOS Standalone using IL2CPP.
3. Open the Build and wait for calculations to finish.
- Notification should change from 'Total millis: 0' to 'Total millis: 'XXXXX'' after about 5-30 seconds.
4. Remeber the results.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 using Mono.
6. Compare the results.
- Mono takes more time to check equality
- Il2CPP macOS Standalone - 15617
- Mono macOS Standalone - 6392
- IL2CPP calculation time is faster or equal to Mono.
- Equality checks can be chosen in lines 34 or 35 of 'Test' script.
- Results using iOS device are quite similar:
= IL2CPP iOS - 26644
= Mono iOS - 26863
- 2018.1.0b12, 2018.2.0a6
- 2017.3 or older Unity versions doesn't have the IL2CPP option.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- On Script import/reimport MonoImporter does not generate consistent results due to updating Custom packages
- [Entities Graphics] Size of the Content Update generated folder increases when changes are made to the Scene
- In Play Mode, an extra Sync Call is made every frame when a GameObject has a Rigidbody 2D component
- Crash on block_remove when a scene is opened in a specific project
- The GameObject with a Hinge Joint Component does not return to the initial position when the Use Motor property is toggled off