Search Issue Tracker
[IL2CPP][iOS] Asset Bundle loading assemblies are stripped if there are no MonoBehaviours in the project
If there are no MonoBehaviours (C# scripts deriving from MonoBehaviour) in the Project, Asset Bundles cannot be loaded on iOS.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project.
2) Delete /Assets/Scripts folder.
3) Switch platform to iOS.
4) Go to ASSETBUNDLES > Build Asset Bundles.
5) Build the project for iOS.
6) Run on a device.
Error is logged in Xcode's console:
Unable to load asset bundle: /var/containers/Bundle/Application/39871C90-61A0-4512-9F05-431E44BD02AB/assetbundles.app/Data/Raw/testbundle
This indicates that Asset Bundle can't be loaded.
The project uses a managed DLL instead of a regular script to load the bundles. Apparently, Asset Bundle assemblies are stripped when there are no MonoBehaviour scripts in the project. Scripts that don't derive from MonoBehaviour don't prevent the bug from happening.
This doesn't occur when Engine Code Stripping is disabled, or when Mono2x Scripting API is used. Does not reproduce on Android.
Note: the DLLs are not stripped since they are used to log the aforementioned error message.
2017.1.0a3, 5.5.1f1, 5.4.5f1, 5.3.7p4
iPhone 7 iOS 10.3
LG Nexus 5 Android 6.0.1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shadows flickering when a Mesh's Cast Shadows are set to Shadows Only and Camera is moving with Spotlight
- AudioMixer exposed parameters cause assertions when hidden and prevent the drop-down from functioning
- globalgamemanagers.assets contains references to platform-specific scripts when those scripts are present in the Project
- Package Manager/My Assets: 401 Response code trying to download a paid asset store package
- TrailRenderer.SetPosition will log a Index out of bounds error when index is in bounds of the positionCount property