Search Issue Tracker
[IL2CPP] Fatal error in Unity CIL Linker error is thrown when .dll filename does not match assembly name
1. Open the attached user's Unity project "ErrorReport.zip"
2. Go to File > Build Settings and switch to Android Platform
3. Go to Player Settings and make sure that IL2CPP Scripting Backend is selected
4. Go back to Build Settings and Build the project
5. Observe errors appear in the Console window
Expected result: The build is successful
Actual result: The build fails, errors are thrown in the console window: "Fatal error in Unity CIL Linker
System.InvalidOperationException: No action for the assembly ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib"
Reproducible with: 2019.4.37f1, 2020.3.32f1, 2021.2.17f1, 2022.1.0b13, 2022.2.0a9
- The issue is reproducible when building for iOS
- The issue is not reproducible with Mono Scripting Backend selected
- The issue is not reproducible when building for Standalone
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Mobile] NavigationSubmitEvent is not being triggered when the submit button is pressed on a mobile keyboard
- Materials render incorrect color when using the "require native16bit" pragma directive
- GUIUtility.hotControl controlID value does not change when clicking with the Left Mouse Button
- ScriptableObject.OnDestroy is not called after Respouces.UnloadUnusedAssets
- UI stops rendering when WaterSurface's Caustics are enabled