Search Issue Tracker
[IL2CPP] Fails to generate generic method struct variant when calling itself and causing ExecutionEngineException
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download "IL2CPP-Bug-GenericMethodRemoved.zip"
2. Build "SampleScene" for Standalone (IL2CPP)
3. Start player
Results: exception is triggered
ExecutionEngineException: Attempting to call method 'Bug::Send<MessageB>' for which no ahead of time (AOT) code was generated.
at Bug.Send[T] (T message) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
Reproduced with: 2019.3.0a1, 2019.2.0a12, 2019.1.0f2, 2018.3.13f1, 2017.4.26f1
- 2017.4 was tested with UWP
This is a limitation of IL2CPP. It struggles with generic virtual methods where the generic type is a value type.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] No button to add Platform support to installed Unity versions
- GameObject selection inside Prefab causes Editor lag/freeze
- Camera does not Render a Video Player when Cameras Culling Mask is set to anything except "Everything"
- [iOS][Editor]Legacy Launch Images iPhone 6.5 Landscape resolution mislabelled in Player Settings/Splash Image
- The Marker does not Run and gets Skipped when running in Reverse