Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
[IL2CPP][Android] Unity CIL Linker fails to run when compiling assemblies that use code specific to iOS
Android builds fail when assemblies that utilize iOS code are used in the project, even though the code isn't used directly. This affects projects with Unity IAP enabled in some instances.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project (repro.zip).
2) Build for Android.
The build fails; error message appears in the console:
Fatal error in Unity CIL Linker
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at UnityLinker.AddUnresolvedStubsStep.GetTypeModule(TypeReference type, AssemblyDefinition assemblies)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.BaseStep.Process(LinkContext context)
at Mono.Linker.Pipeline.Process(LinkContext context)
Failed running C:\Program Files\Unity2017.3.0f1\Editor\Data\il2cpp/build/UnityLinker.exe <...>
Exception: C:\Program Files\Unity2017.3.0f1\Editor\Data\il2cpp/build/UnityLinker.exe did not run properly!
This does not reproduce with Mono.
This does reproduce with .NET 4.6 and 3.5 scripting runtime versions. Engine Code Stripping has no effect as well.
2017.3.0f1, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.1.0a3, 5.6.4p1, 5.6.2f1
Did not reproduce:
2018.1.0a6, 5.5.5p2, 5.5.0b4
Couldn't test: 5.6.0b4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GameObject selection inside Prefab causes Editor lag/freeze
- [iOS][Editor]Legacy Launch Images iPhone 6.5 Landscape resolution mislabelled in Player Settings/Splash Image
- Move tool transform handle drawing bugs out when editor camera is on same plane
- Memory leaks and Editor crashes/freezes when using decimal values in Gizmos
- Crash on PhysicsScene::ProcessTriggerEnterExits when splitting meshes that also exit a Trigger with OnTriggerExit