Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
Fixed in 2017.2, 2017.3
[IL2CPP][Android] Unity CIL Linker fails to run when compiling assemblies that use code specific to iOS
Android builds fail when assemblies that utilize iOS code are used in the project, even though the code isn't used directly. This affects projects with Unity IAP enabled in some instances.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project (repro.zip).
2) Build for Android.
The build fails; error message appears in the console:
Fatal error in Unity CIL Linker
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at UnityLinker.AddUnresolvedStubsStep.GetTypeModule(TypeReference type, AssemblyDefinition assemblies)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.BaseStep.Process(LinkContext context)
at Mono.Linker.Pipeline.Process(LinkContext context)
Failed running C:\Program Files\Unity2017.3.0f1\Editor\Data\il2cpp/build/UnityLinker.exe <...>
Exception: C:\Program Files\Unity2017.3.0f1\Editor\Data\il2cpp/build/UnityLinker.exe did not run properly!
This does not reproduce with Mono.
This does reproduce with .NET 4.6 and 3.5 scripting runtime versions. Engine Code Stripping has no effect as well.
2017.3.0f1, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.1.0a3, 5.6.4p1, 5.6.2f1
Did not reproduce:
2018.1.0a6, 5.5.5p2, 5.5.0b4
Couldn't test: 5.6.0b4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changing ip address of cache server v2 doesn't reconnect.
- Aplying changes to root prefab in a nested prefab undo changes made to the child prefab
- [2018.4][UWP] Exception is thrown 'Unable to find method PostprocessStacktrace in [UnityEngine.CoreModule.dll]'
- Sub Emitter particle's width is twice its height when Separate Axes in the Size over Lifetime module is enabled
- Animation does not play correctly when Optimized Game Object functionality is used and a Child GameObject is added to bone