Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
Fixed in 5.6, 2017.1, 2017.2
If the draw call before a DrawMeshInstanced call has a negative scale, the normals on the instanced call will be flipped
1. Open project attached (Repro project.zip).
2. Disable "Sphere (1)".
Expected result: Floating cubes will remain the same.
Actual result: Normals are flipped on floating cubes.
Notes: This happens when there is an object with Negative scale and it is the last object drawn in the scene. If there is an another object further, then normals remain the same.
I edited material since the old one had some mistakes in the shader.
Reproduced on: 5.5.1f1, 2017.1.0p5, 2017.2.0b9, 2017.3.0a6.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When "draw instanced" is changed for entire terrain group and then undone, it is only undone for the terrain that was selected
- Custom Inspectors OnDisable still called after Asset has been deleted
- Native Plugin regression from 2018.x results in "DllNotFoundException" error
- [Android] "AndroidETC2FallbackOverride.Quality32BitDownscaled" does not work on an Atlas created with the Legacy Sprite Packer
- Debug.Log() Context not highlighted when pressed after printing in Test Runner's EditMode