Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3
If the draw call before a DrawMeshInstanced call has a negative scale, the normals on the instanced call will be flipped
1. Open project attached (Repro project.zip).
2. Disable "Sphere (1)".
Expected result: Floating cubes will remain the same.
Actual result: Normals are flipped on floating cubes.
Notes: This happens when there is an object with Negative scale and it is the last object drawn in the scene. If there is an another object further, then normals remain the same.
I edited material since the old one had some mistakes in the shader.
Reproduced on: 5.5.1f1, 2017.1.0p5, 2017.2.0b9, 2017.3.0a6.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Lighting] Reflection Probe causes shadow artifacts on Android while using OpenGL2 graphics API
- Realtime Reflection probe throws error after pressing `Bake Reflection Probes`
- TestRunner Window does not update test results correctly for tests with the same name
- [UI] Invalid AABB inAABB error occurs on clearing reference resolution values for canvas scaler
- [Editor] Missing reference exception occurs on deleting particle system