Search Issue Tracker
"Identifier uniqueness violation" warning pops up when adding multiple MonoBehaviour to model prefab root via AssetPostprocesso
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached Unity project
2. Reload "MyCustomModel" asset
Result: Warning appears:
Identifier uniqueness violation: 'Name://RootNode, Type:MonoBehaviour'. Multiple Objects with the same name/type are generated by this Importer. There is no guarantee that subsequent imports of this asset will properly re-link to these targets.
Reproduced with: 2019.2.7f1, 2019.3.0b5, 2020.1.0a5.
Not reproduce with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.10f1.
(Note: It was not reproducible before because the warning just didn't exist. The bug was always there)
How to see expected behavior:
1. Open CustomModelImport.cs script
2. Remove 11 or 12 line
3. Reimport model
Result: There is no warning in a Console window
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Visual C# Compiler fails to locate assembly if response file compiler argument path contains spaces
- Constantly creating and destroying CharacterController component causes a memory leak
- Memory usage 20GB when importing Common USS stylesheets
- Custom built DLL's scripts which have classes derived from UIBehaviour cannot be added as a component after deleting Library
- WebGL WaitForSeconds works incorrectly on low fps