Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
"Identifier uniqueness violation" warning pops up when adding multiple MonoBehaviour to model prefab root via AssetPostprocesso
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached Unity project
2. Reload "MyCustomModel" asset
Result: Warning appears:
Identifier uniqueness violation: 'Name://RootNode, Type:MonoBehaviour'. Multiple Objects with the same name/type are generated by this Importer. There is no guarantee that subsequent imports of this asset will properly re-link to these targets.
Reproduced with: 2019.2.7f1, 2019.3.0b5, 2020.1.0a5.
Not reproduce with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.10f1.
(Note: It was not reproducible before because the warning just didn't exist. The bug was always there)
How to see expected behavior:
1. Open CustomModelImport.cs script
2. Remove 11 or 12 line
3. Reimport model
Result: There is no warning in a Console window
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Shader Compiler] Compute shader errors when Caching Preprocessor in turned on
- Handles.Button doesn't allow camera rotation when mouse hovering over the button
- Any Shader's Help/Reference button in the top-most Inspector component links to missing documentation page
- ParticleSystemRenderer BakeTrailsMesh produces a trail mesh with additional tail vertices which lead to a pivot of the object
- Profiler's Raw Hierarchy/Timeline toolbar/panel cannot be resized when the Profiler window is resized and high resolution / DPI