Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
"Identifier uniqueness violation" warning pops up when adding multiple MonoBehaviour to model prefab root via AssetPostprocesso
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached Unity project
2. Reload "MyCustomModel" asset
Result: Warning appears:
Identifier uniqueness violation: 'Name://RootNode, Type:MonoBehaviour'. Multiple Objects with the same name/type are generated by this Importer. There is no guarantee that subsequent imports of this asset will properly re-link to these targets.
Reproduced with: 2019.2.7f1, 2019.3.0b5, 2020.1.0a5.
Not reproduce with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.10f1.
(Note: It was not reproducible before because the warning just didn't exist. The bug was always there)
How to see expected behavior:
1. Open CustomModelImport.cs script
2. Remove 11 or 12 line
3. Reimport model
Result: There is no warning in a Console window
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Fix doc and typo in Scene TemplatePipeline
- Analytics spams error console when it cannot connect
- New Lighting Settings wipes the settings in the Lighting Window
- Splash screen animation continues playing in the background while resolution is being changed upon launching the player
- Video won't play at start of scene