Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.1
Horizontal Layout Group and Vertical Layout Group "Child controls size" fields are mislabelled
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project and in the Hierarchy Window create an empty game object
2. Add a "Horizontal Layout Group" component to it
3. Create another empty game object as a child to the previous one
4. Click on the parent object and in the "Child controls size" field tick the "Width" setting on
5. Click on the child and observe that Its Width is now locked
Expected result: From the way the label is phrased the child would have control of Its Width but not Its Height
Actual result: The child object's Width is locked - the complete opposite of what the field label says
Reproduced in: 2019.1.0a10, 2018.3.0b12, 2018.2.17f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2017.4.16f1
Note: This label was phrased correctly in the old version (5.6 and older). Changing it back to "Control Child size" would fit the functionality better
Horizontal and Vertical Layout Group "Child controls size" property has been renamed to "Control Child size" for more clarity.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website