Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Holding the "F" key shortcut affects the performance significantly when Scene View is hidden and the Game View is opened
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project's Scene labeled "SampleScene"
2. Enter the Play Mode
3. In the Game View, inspect the shown FPS count
4. Press and hold the "F" key
5. Inspect the shown FPS count again
Expected result: Holding the "F" key shortcut doesn't affect the performance when Scene View is hidden and the Game View is opened
Actual result: Holding the "F" key shortcut affects the performance significantly when Scene View is hidden and the Game View is opened
Reproducible with: 2018.4.25f1, 2019.4.4f1, 2020.1.0b16, 2020.2.0a18
Note: Other key presses affect the performance at less than half of the impact on FPS than the "F" key
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- IL2CPP Player crashes when there aren't enough Thread Static Slots
- Articulation Body tree changes behavior after attaching a trigger Collider
- Fatal freeze when playing a VFX made with VFX Graph and consisting many effects
- "Failed to download Build.data.br file" error is thrown when building projects for WebGL with the Compression Format set to "Brotli"
- Documentation Link does not work when the "New Panel Settings" question mark is clicked
Feb 24, 2023 09:05
I'm seeing the same issue in 2021.3.0f1, whether the Scene View is hidden or not.
Looking at the profiler it seems to come from UpdateAllMenus - AttributeHelper.ExtractCreateAssetMenuItems() is called dozens of time, as well as Loading.readObject, Menu.FilterMenuItem, and AttributeHelper.GetComponentMenuOrdering.