Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.2.0
Parenting information is saved or loaded incorrectly in Unity 5
1. Open scene "514GuerickesOrb12".
2. Game objects "SubjectToBug" parent is "OtherObject", change it to "Parent".
3. Save scene.
4. Load scene (Double click it).
Project Steps for new project:
1. Start a new scene and save it.
2. Create two parent game objects "First Parent" and "Second Parent".
3. Create a child game object "Child" under "First Parent", and then
create a prefab from "Child" by drag-and-drop.
4. Save the scene.
5. Delete the prefab in the project view, "Child" in the hierarchy
should turn red.
6. Move "Child" from "First Parent" to "Second Parent".
7. Save the scene.
8. Load the scene.
9. Notice that "Child" is still under "First Parent", regardless of your
change in step 6.
Reproduced: 5.0.1f1, 5.0.0f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] No button to add Platform support to installed Unity versions
- GameObject selection inside Prefab causes Editor lag/freeze
- Camera does not Render a Video Player when Cameras Culling Mask is set to anything except "Everything"
- [iOS][Editor]Legacy Launch Images iPhone 6.5 Landscape resolution mislabelled in Player Settings/Splash Image
- The Marker does not Run and gets Skipped when running in Reverse