Search Issue Tracker
HideFlags.NotEditable Inspector isn't obeying flag on prefab instance
Steps to reproduce:
1) Download attached project " Unity5_BugReport_HideFlags_NotEditable.zip" and open in Unity.
2) In Project tab, click on 'Banana' prefab and check Inspector. You will notice that you can't edit this MonoBehavior(see attached image"one.png").
3) Drag&drop 'Banana' prefab in to Hierarchy tab and check Inspector. You can edit this MonoBehavior(see attached image"two.png").
Expected results: Inspector should obey the flags when prefab is in Hierarchy tab.
Actual results: Inspector isn't obeying the flags when prefab is in Hierarchy tab.
Reproduced with: 5.2.4f1, 5.3.5p6, 5.4.0b24
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Incorrect Burst Exception Control Flow in Editor due to Mono Handling of calli instruction
- [Linux] Packman options to add package from Git URL doesn't always show the window directly below the + button
- "UnityEngine.SystemInfo.processorFrequency" logs a value of 0 on M1 macs
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline