Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
HideFlags are not respected on the Old Prefabs when editing them on the versions where Old Prefabs are deprecated
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "HideFlagBug2.zip" Project
2. Open the "HideFlagTestPrefabMadeWith2018.2(original).prefab" in Prefab Mode
3. Change any Value on the Transform of the root GameObject
4. Save Prefab
5. Close and Open Prefab again in the Prefab Mode
Expected Behavior: The "HideFlags.DontSaveInEditor" is respected and only one "Should not be saved" Child is present
Actual Behavior: The "HideFlags.DontSaveInEditor" is not respected and "Should not be saved" Child is duplicated
Reproducible with: 2018.4.1f1, 2019.1.4f1, 2019.2.0b3, 2019.3.0a3
Note: Once the Prefab is saved in the 2018.3.0a6 or newer version - its serialization is changed and the issue does not reproduce anymore. If you open the Prefab in the text editor and search for "Should not be saved" you can see that it was serialized, even though it should not be. All the affected prefabs must be saved in 2018.3.0a5 or lower versions.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode