Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
[HDRP] Instances drawn with DrawMeshInstanced are not lit up when Light Layers are enabled in HDRP settings
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "TestProject.zip"
2. Open "InstancedWithLightLayers.unity" Scene in "Issue" folder
3. Press Play
4. Go to Assets/Settings and click on "HDRPMediumQuality.asset"
5. In the Inspector enable Light Layers and inspect the Game View again
Expected result: the drawn spheres are lit up
Actual result: the drawn spheres are not lit up
Reproducible with: HDRP 4.10.0-preview (2018.4.26f1), 7.4.3 (2019.4.9f1), 8.2.0 (2020.1.4f1, 2020.2.0a21), 9.0.0-preview.54 (2020.2.0a21), 10.1.0(2020.2.0b11), 10.2.0 (2020.2.0b13), 10.2.1 (2020.2.0b13), 10.2.2 (2020.2.1f1, 2021.1.0b2), 11.0.0(2021.1.0b2)
Not reproducible with: HDRP 10.0.0-preview.27 (2020.2.0b9)
Feb 16, 2021 19:19
Exactly! It IS a regression and this issue was marked as regression until now! Someone has changed it which is really disturbing.
Feb 14, 2021 20:28
This issue IS regression as it used to work before.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in 2021.2.0a12
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in 2021.1.4f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.8f1