Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.12f1, 2022.1.20f1, 2022.2.0b10
HDRP: Enable both Light Layers and Decal Layers breaks Visual Environment on Skinned Mesh Renderers
1. What happened
When Light Layers and Decal Layers are both enabled on the HDRP Render Pipeline Asset, the visual environment in the scene breaks, and the lighting goes very dark on Skinned Mesh Renderers. This is a regression from 2021.3.7.
2. How can we reproduce it using the example you attached
- Open OutdoorsScene, and switch to the Game View. Notice that the "Y Bot" model is reasonable well lit.
- Open Assets/Settings/HDRP High Fidelity asset
- Under Rendering, go to the Decals section, and enable the "Layers" checkbox.
- Note that the "Y Bot" model is now very dark, and barely lit.
- Now notice that if you uncheck Lighting -> Light Layers, the rendering is corrected.
The error only appears to occur when both Light Layers and Decal Layers are enabled. If neither, or only one, is enabled, the lighting looks correct. This was not happening in 2021.3.7, and appears to be a regression in all the HDRP changes under 2021.3.9.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Text input field doesn't disappear when pressing "Enter" on the keyboard connected to a device and HideMobileInput is disabled
- WebGL Player flickers and logs warnings when viewport is resized and "Linear" Color Space is used
- Rigidbody recalculates its center of mass when moving its child Trigger Collider
- Sprites with different indexes than indicated in Text field of Label Inspector are being rendered
- VFX rendering a sphere when using a custom mesh