Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 12.0.0
Found in [Package]
[HDRP][DXR] Path Tracing renders distant Volumetric Fog pure black if Maximum Height Fog parameter is lower than Camera height
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project named "U - BUGREPORT.zip"
2. Open the "Bugreport scene"
3. Enter Play mode and observe the Game window
Expected results: Distant Volumetric fog is rendered in grey color
Actual results: Distant Volumetric Fog is rendered in solid black, forming a dark line on the horizon
Reproducible with: 2020.3.13f1(10.5.1), 2021.1.14f1(11.0.0), 2021.2.0b3(12.0.0), 2022.1.0a2(12.0.0)
Could not test with: 2018.4.35f1(Path Tracing was not available), 2019.4.29f1(HDRP 7.7.0 - Volumetric Fog does not seem to be rendered)
1. If Path Tracing or Volumetric Fog is disabled distant horizon fog is colored in grey.
2. If the Camera height is below the Fog's Maximum Height parameter value distant horizon fog is colored in grey.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Set as first/last sibling is not working when using Menu Bar
- [Hololens 2] GameObjects with an ARAnchor attached are deleted when disabled
- AvatarBuilder.BuildHumanAvatar() is unable to find Transform when entering Play Mode
- Trying to read mesh produces "Reading UV coordinates of mesh "" failed. Only float32 format is supported." error
- Reload Script Assemblies never load when entering debug mode