Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 12.0.0
Found in [Package]
[HDRP][DXR] Path Tracing renders distant Volumetric Fog pure black if Maximum Height Fog parameter is lower than Camera height
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project named "U - BUGREPORT.zip"
2. Open the "Bugreport scene"
3. Enter Play mode and observe the Game window
Expected results: Distant Volumetric fog is rendered in grey color
Actual results: Distant Volumetric Fog is rendered in solid black, forming a dark line on the horizon
Reproducible with: 2020.3.13f1(10.5.1), 2021.1.14f1(11.0.0), 2021.2.0b3(12.0.0), 2022.1.0a2(12.0.0)
Could not test with: 2018.4.35f1(Path Tracing was not available), 2019.4.29f1(HDRP 7.7.0 - Volumetric Fog does not seem to be rendered)
1. If Path Tracing or Volumetric Fog is disabled distant horizon fog is colored in grey.
2. If the Camera height is below the Fog's Maximum Height parameter value distant horizon fog is colored in grey.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shadowmask Mode property affects shadow rendering when using Baked Indirect
- Full screen renderer feature does not work with stencil
- Glob function isn't working with TextureImporter in Preset Manager
- [HDRP] New project has unsaved changes when creating a project from HDRP templates
- Some pixels fail to render when using Depth Priming