Search Issue Tracker
Graphics.CopyTexture should force mipmap generation for src if it is RT with (auto)generateMips set to true
CopyTexture should force mipmap generation for src if it is RT with (auto)generateMips set to true
A RT may not have generated its mipmaps prior to being used as the src in a CopyTexture call. It would be nicer for users if CopyTexture made sure the src RT has generated its mipmaps before trying to copy it.
I've attached a project that can be used to verify this change. The Blit is done on the RT before the CopyTexture and currently the CopyTexture doens't copy the mip levels > 0 as the mipmaps weren't generated yet.
1: Open attached project
2: Run in Editor on Windows OpenGLCore (OpenGL 4.5)
3: See that the bottom left quad is black when mip level is >0 (distance is futher)
4: After forcing mipmap generation in CopyTexture that bottom left quad should have all mipmap levels
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on GC_push_stack_for when using Profiler and Profiler.BeginThreadProfiling
- "Open Download Page" button in UWP build window links to a dead link
- Crash when reloading shader
- Cancelling the import of a package doesn't let you simply cancel the import, only continue or close the whole Editor
- RawImage creates error message Assertion failed on expression: 'texture->GetDimension() == kTexDi when using 2D Array Textures