Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.1
Won't Fix in 2017.2
Graphics.CopyTexture should force mipmap generation for src if it is RT with (auto)generateMips set to true
CopyTexture should force mipmap generation for src if it is RT with (auto)generateMips set to true
A RT may not have generated its mipmaps prior to being used as the src in a CopyTexture call. It would be nicer for users if CopyTexture made sure the src RT has generated its mipmaps before trying to copy it.
I've attached a project that can be used to verify this change. The Blit is done on the RT before the CopyTexture and currently the CopyTexture doens't copy the mip levels > 0 as the mipmaps weren't generated yet.
1: Open attached project
2: Run in Editor on Windows OpenGLCore (OpenGL 4.5)
3: See that the bottom left quad is black when mip level is >0 (distance is futher)
4: After forcing mipmap generation in CopyTexture that bottom left quad should have all mipmap levels
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux Hub] A new instance of the Hub does not have a Taskbar icon
- Mesh Inspector becomes slow to use when inspecting a large Mesh with Blend Shapes
- [Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
- The Modes button of the the SerializedField MinMaxGradient is not clickable in the Inspector when indentLevel is more than 0
- Input.GetKey for Left Shift returns true when Right Shift is held down and Left Shift is pressed (and vice versa)