Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2020.2.X
[GPU PLM] Fallback to CPU PLM with various Open_CL errors when moving the viewport during baking with Progressive updates on
Steps to repro:
1. Pull the Sponza HDRP project: https://ono.unity3d.com/test-data/gi-tests/SponzaHDRP and sync to the revision 9ffcf594acd6;
2. Open the 'Sponza' scene;
3. In the Project folder find the 'SponzaLightingDay' scene and drag it to the Hierarchy;
4. In the Hierarchy double-click on the 'SponzaLightingDay' scene;
5. In the Lighting window ensure that the Progressive GPU lightmapper is selected as the baking backend;
6. In the Lighting window press 'Generate Lighting' button;
7. Wait until the baking is completed;
8. When the baking is completed, click on the dropdown list on the right side of the 'Generate Lighting' button and select 'Clear Baked Data';
9. In the Lighting window press 'Generate Lighting' button;
10.During the baking move the viewport in the Scene view (by dragging the right mouse button or scrolling the mouse wheel).
GI bake finishes without errors or fallbacks to CPU Lightmapper.
The baking backend falls back to CPU Lightmapper. Following errors are shown in the Console:
- OpenCL Error. Falling back to CPU lightmapper. Error callback from context: CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES error executing CL_COMMAND_READ_BUFFER on GeForce RTX 2080 (Device 0).
- OpenCL Error. Falling back to CPU lightmapper. Error callback from context: CL_INVALID_EVENT
- Denoising step using GPU Lightmapper failed while trying to write the result to an OpenCL buffer.
- Baking will restart on fallback backend.
Regression introduced in Version 2020.2.0a13.
See the attached video.
- Reproducible in Version 2021.1.0a2, 2020.2.0b8, 2020.2.0b1, 2020.2.0a18, 2020.2.0a14, 2020.2.0a13;
- Not reproducible in Version 2020.2.0a12, 2020.2.0a11, 2020.1.10f1;
- Reproducible on Windows with GeForce RTX 2080 GPU;
- Reproducible with HDRP 10.0.0-preview 27 version;
- Reproducible only when the progressive updates are on, not reproducible when progressive updates are off.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode