Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.3f1
Fixed in 2018.3.X, 2019.1.X
[GPU PLM] [Crash] Baking stalls with CL_INVALID_PROGRAM when baking on GPU Lightmapper with the latest OpenCL drivers
You'll need a machine with NVIDIA GPU having latest NVIDIA drivers (416.81). You can also reproduce the issue on AMD GPU having 18.10.2 or 18.11.1 drivers.
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project and 'ProgressiveLightmappingExample' scene;
2. In the Lighting window select Progressive GPU (Preview) lightmapper;
3. In the Lighting window press 'Generate Lighting' button.
Baking stalls with the following error:
OpenCL Error: 'cl_int _err = kernelWrapper.CreateCLKernel(program, name, pvrJobType)' returned -44 (CL_INVALID_PROGRAM)!
[00:01:20] Enlighten: Finished 1 Create Input Lighting job (0.00s execute, 0.00s integrate, 0.85s wallclock)
LightmapEditorSettings: switching bake backend from 2 to 1.
gi::BakeBackendSwitch: Clear() active clients.
[EnlightenBakeManager] m_Clear = false;
OpenCL Error. Falling back to CPU lightmapper. Error callback from context: CL_INVALID_PROGRAM
without falling back to CPU Lightmapper
Editor doesn't crash and lightmapper falls back to CPU Lightmapper. Appropriate warning message is shown.
- Reproducible in 2019.1.0a9, 2018.3.0b10;
- Reproducible with both NVIDIA (416.81 driver) and AMD GPU (18.10.2 and 18.11.1 drivers);
- Reproducible on GeForce 640M GPU with NVIDIA driver ver. 350.12 WHQL (OpenCL version 1.2).
Fixed in 2019.2, 2019.1.0a14 and 2018.3.3f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D] Texture 2D Array preview looks corrupted when Mip Map Filtering is set to Box at different Mip levels
- [HDRP][XR] Shadergraph tessellation work differently with XR
- Not uploading texture to the 3D API / GPU during importing has regressed StreamingTests.TextureLoad test in performance
- [Physics] The capsule jitters falling into the cracks between triangle edges
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when right-clicking certain Hierarchy window items during Play Mode exit process