Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.3f1
Fixed in 2018.3.X, 2019.1.X
[GPU PLM] [Crash] Baking stalls with CL_INVALID_PROGRAM when baking on GPU Lightmapper with the latest OpenCL drivers
You'll need a machine with NVIDIA GPU having latest NVIDIA drivers (416.81). You can also reproduce the issue on AMD GPU having 18.10.2 or 18.11.1 drivers.
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project and 'ProgressiveLightmappingExample' scene;
2. In the Lighting window select Progressive GPU (Preview) lightmapper;
3. In the Lighting window press 'Generate Lighting' button.
Baking stalls with the following error:
OpenCL Error: 'cl_int _err = kernelWrapper.CreateCLKernel(program, name, pvrJobType)' returned -44 (CL_INVALID_PROGRAM)!
[00:01:20] Enlighten: Finished 1 Create Input Lighting job (0.00s execute, 0.00s integrate, 0.85s wallclock)
LightmapEditorSettings: switching bake backend from 2 to 1.
gi::BakeBackendSwitch: Clear() active clients.
[EnlightenBakeManager] m_Clear = false;
OpenCL Error. Falling back to CPU lightmapper. Error callback from context: CL_INVALID_PROGRAM
without falling back to CPU Lightmapper
Editor doesn't crash and lightmapper falls back to CPU Lightmapper. Appropriate warning message is shown.
- Reproducible in 2019.1.0a9, 2018.3.0b10;
- Reproducible with both NVIDIA (416.81 driver) and AMD GPU (18.10.2 and 18.11.1 drivers);
- Reproducible on GeForce 640M GPU with NVIDIA driver ver. 350.12 WHQL (OpenCL version 1.2).
Fixed in 2019.2, 2019.1.0a14 and 2018.3.3f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform