Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
[GI] Lightmap exposure slider has insufficient range for default directional light
1. Create a new project using the HDRP Scene Template
2. Open the default Scene "sampleScene.unity"
3. Generate lighting from Lighting Setting
4. Switch to the Baked Lightmap Scene View Mode
The Lightmap Exposure slider is presented in a range +/- 10ev. The default directional light is 100,000lux, which is approximate to direct sunlight. Typically, around 16evs (EV100) are needed to correctly expose daylight. The default range of the slider does not allow a good range of compensation for probably our most common lighting setup.
Now, yes, we can numerically change and "unlock" the exposure slider. However, I think we should provide more useful out-the-box defaults. Certainly it should cope well with daylight.
The default min/max exposure should be 16evs as this is enough to cover the range of daylight values.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Asset Import] Errors thrown on creating a project using microgame templates
- TextureImporter appears to give import error for .hdr file format images
- [Memory Profiler] Different sizes are shown for ASTC textures between the Texture Importer window and the Memory Profiler window
- [Prefabs] Blue highlight (override indicator) is missing for Cooking options dropdown in Mesh collider
- [Packman] Package description scrolls to top on importing any package sample