Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
GenerateID is not allowed to be called during serialization, call it from Awake or Start instead
An error is thrown when opening the project. After opening it, Unity somehow corrupts and starts throwing this error when creating new projects (it doesn't do it before opening this project).
Error: "GenerateID is not allowed to be called during serialization, call it from Awake or Start instead."
1. Open attached project
Does not reproduce on:
Version 5.3.3p3 (bb1568bcbc03)
Tue, 08 Mar 2016 15:07:22 GMT
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Textures] CubemapArray API forces duplicate code because you cannot access individual cubemaps directly
- Duplicating a Prefab instance in the Scene will cause instances of the same Prefab to be disabled and re-enabled
- GUI.Button and GUILayout.Button stay in the normal GUIStyleState even when the normal GUIStyleState is changed to another one
- Particle System mesh UV coordinates change when mesh's geometry layout is changed on import
- [Windows] The Unity import progress is not shown in the Windows taskbar