Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X
GameObjects created by RuleTile are destroyed if Tilemap.CompressBounds is called during awake or start
How to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project ("2019.3 test project.zip") using the EnvIronman VM (more information in Edit)
2. Load "Bug scene" scene
3. Tick "Compress During Start" found on "Compress(Script)" (Hierarchy -> Grid -> Tilemap)
4. Enter the Play mode
Expected result: no GameObjects are destroyed after entering the Play mode when "Compress During Start" is checked
Actual result: part of GameObjects created by RuleTiles are destroyed after entering the Play mode when "Compress During Start" is checked
Reproduced with: 2019.3.0a12, 2019.3.0b9, 2020.1.0a11
Not reproduced with: 2019.2.11f1, 2019.3.0a11
Could not reproduce with: 2017.4.33f1, 2018.4.12f1 (various dependency errors, including ones related to 2D Tilemap)
- amount of GameObjects in the scene can be checked by right-clicking on "Compress(Script)" and selecting "Count game objects"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GameObject doesn't execute animation the way it's supposed to until any GameObject in the Hierarchy is selected when in the Play Mode
- PropertyField does not properly render its field when changing it back from a valid Asset to "None"
- "ArgumentException: Input Button Enable Debug Button 1 is not set" is thrown when "Enable Debug Button 1" is deleted
- Duplicate invocations when Enabling InputActions during handling an input action
- "Assertion failed on expression" exceptions are thrown when using IJobParallelForTransformExtensions.RunReadOnly
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in: 2019.4.8f1