Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X
GameObjects created by RuleTile are destroyed if Tilemap.CompressBounds is called during awake or start
How to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project ("2019.3 test project.zip") using the EnvIronman VM (more information in Edit)
2. Load "Bug scene" scene
3. Tick "Compress During Start" found on "Compress(Script)" (Hierarchy -> Grid -> Tilemap)
4. Enter the Play mode
Expected result: no GameObjects are destroyed after entering the Play mode when "Compress During Start" is checked
Actual result: part of GameObjects created by RuleTiles are destroyed after entering the Play mode when "Compress During Start" is checked
Reproduced with: 2019.3.0a12, 2019.3.0b9, 2020.1.0a11
Not reproduced with: 2019.2.11f1, 2019.3.0a11
Could not reproduce with: 2017.4.33f1, 2018.4.12f1 (various dependency errors, including ones related to 2D Tilemap)
- amount of GameObjects in the scene can be checked by right-clicking on "Compress(Script)" and selecting "Count game objects"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- [UI Builder] Editing uXML file externally opens the ui Builder
- [DXC/DX12] No way to enable SM 6.6 features results in compiler error when e.g. using 64-bit atomics in a shader