Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
Physics simulation and FixedUpdates are run during the splashscreen
How to reproduce:
1. Open the project "positionBug"
2. Enable the Development Build checkbox (File > Build Settings > Development Build)
3. Build and Run the project
4. Inspect the Development Console
Expected result: The player GameObject Transform's position is logged at (-6, 0, 0)
Actual result: The player GameObject Transform's position is logged at (-6, -83.5, 0)
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0a8, 2020.3.17f1, 2021.1.19f1, 2021.2.0b10, 2022.1.0a8
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.30f1, 2020.2.0a7
Note: Does not reproduce on Mac
Sep 07, 2021 05:18
This seems to be caused by Rigidbody2D being simulated during the splash screen in the built player. Workarounds that circumvent this issue for now:
1. Disable the splash screen from Player Settings.
2. Set Rigidbody2D.simulated = false in the inspector and change it to true at an appropriate point at runtime.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
- URP Sample Buffer Image Tile is moved when the Offset Value is changed
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in: 2022.1.0a12
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in: 2021.2.0b16
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in: 2021.1.26f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in: 2020.3.21f1