Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
GameObject reference is null when creating it inside Reset() function and assigning Script as component
GameObject reference is null when creating it inside Reset() function and assigning Script as a component when there is Timeline window opened in the Editor
How to reproduce:
1. Open user's project "ResetTest.zip"
2. Open "SampleScene" Scene
3. Click on "GameObject" in the Hierarchy window
4. In the Inspector window, right-click on "New Behaviour Script" and choose Reset
5. Observe console
6. Remove the "New Behaviour Script" component from the "GameObject"
7. Add "New Behaviour Script" Script from "Scripts" folder to "GameObject"
8. Observe console
Expected results: Same Console message (Generated GameObject (UnityEngine.GameObject)) after 4th and 7th step
Actual results: Console logs out null
Reproducible with: 2019.4.27f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.7f1, 2020.3.9f1, 2021.1.0a8, 2021.1.8f1, 2021.2.0a17
Couldn't test with: 2018.4 (Failed to downgrade to a functioning project)
Note: Closing Timeline window results in same Console message both after 4th and 7th step
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in 2022.1.0a1
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in 2021.2.0b5