Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
GameObject reference is null when creating it inside Reset() function and assigning Script as component
GameObject reference is null when creating it inside Reset() function and assigning Script as a component when there is Timeline window opened in the Editor
How to reproduce:
1. Open user's project "ResetTest.zip"
2. Open "SampleScene" Scene
3. Click on "GameObject" in the Hierarchy window
4. In the Inspector window, right-click on "New Behaviour Script" and choose Reset
5. Observe console
6. Remove the "New Behaviour Script" component from the "GameObject"
7. Add "New Behaviour Script" Script from "Scripts" folder to "GameObject"
8. Observe console
Expected results: Same Console message (Generated GameObject (UnityEngine.GameObject)) after 4th and 7th step
Actual results: Console logs out null
Reproducible with: 2019.4.27f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.7f1, 2020.3.9f1, 2021.1.0a8, 2021.1.8f1, 2021.2.0a17
Couldn't test with: 2018.4 (Failed to downgrade to a functioning project)
Note: Closing Timeline window results in same Console message both after 4th and 7th step
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- Decompressing a DeflateStream under IL2CPP misses a few bytes
- Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
- The Height map Amplitude is not working when using HDRP/LayeredLit
- Infinite inertial tensor rotation values are not discarded (both AB and RB)