Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
GameObject reference is null when creating it inside Reset() function and assigning Script as component
GameObject reference is null when creating it inside Reset() function and assigning Script as a component when there is Timeline window opened in the Editor
How to reproduce:
1. Open user's project "ResetTest.zip"
2. Open "SampleScene" Scene
3. Click on "GameObject" in the Hierarchy window
4. In the Inspector window, right-click on "New Behaviour Script" and choose Reset
5. Observe console
6. Remove the "New Behaviour Script" component from the "GameObject"
7. Add "New Behaviour Script" Script from "Scripts" folder to "GameObject"
8. Observe console
Expected results: Same Console message (Generated GameObject (UnityEngine.GameObject)) after 4th and 7th step
Actual results: Console logs out null
Reproducible with: 2019.4.27f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.7f1, 2020.3.9f1, 2021.1.0a8, 2021.1.8f1, 2021.2.0a17
Couldn't test with: 2018.4 (Failed to downgrade to a functioning project)
Note: Closing Timeline window results in same Console message both after 4th and 7th step
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Specular Highlights have precision issues on devices with Adreno GPU
- Wireframe mesh flickers when cursor is in Scene view
- [Linux] Android build fails with “CommandInvokationFailure: Gradle build failed.” error
- [iOS] Touch.rawPosition changes position when touch is dragged
- Loading a scene with a large amount of light probes causes a performance spike