Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3.0f3
Game view is reduced to a larger resolution than the reasonable size for your system
1. Create a new project;
2. Create a new resolution 6400 x 5800 in Game window;
3. Observe Console window;
Actual result: the Game view is reduced to a larger resolution than the one you set. For this (6400 x 5800) resolution the warning is "GameView reduced to a reasonable size for this system 6249 x 6895)".
Expected result: the Game view should be reduced to a smaller resolution if it is too large. For this (6400 x 5800) resolution the warning should be "GameView reduced to a reasonable size for this system 6101 x 5529)".
Reproduced with: 5.6.0a1, 5.6.3f1, 2017.1.0p3, 2017.2.0b5, 2017.3.0a2
Not reproducible with: 5.4.6f1, 5.5.0b1, 5.5.4p2
Regression introduced in 5.6.0a1
Note: the bug appears with this (6400 x 5800) resolution if a computer is with about 2GB of video memory. If a machine is with 4GB or more of graphics memory, the issue should not appear with that resolution.
Verified with 2017.3.0a4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [LWRP] Terrain paint brush highlighter is missing when using the Light Weight Render Pipeline
- [Scripting/Particles] Gradient Scripting API thread checks have changed after bindings upgrade.
- Issue with reflection probe artifact staying after stopping gameview
- Unity freezes for a short time when prefab with animation is selected
- Input buffering and responsiveness issue for Linux Standalone builds with low framerate