Search Issue Tracker
Game view introduces banding and renders differently from UI Builder when Gradients from opaque-to-transparent white are selected
1. Open the attached project "ReproProj"
2. Open the “/Assets/Scenes/Main Menu.unity” Scene
3. In Hierarchy, select “Main Camera” GameObject
4. In Inspector, select Background Type as “Solid Color”
5. In the Project window, open “/Assets/UI/Main Menu/Definitions” directory
6. Open MainMenu.uxml
7. Compare the preview in the UI Builder and Game view
Expected result: The preview in Game view is the same as in UI Builder
Actual result: Preview in the Game view differs from UI Builder and is banded
Reproducible with: 2021.3.34f1, 2022.3.19f1, 2023.2.8f1, 2023.3.0b5
Reproducible on: Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2
Not reproducible on: No other environment tested
- Only reproducible with URP/HDRP
- Reproduces with Windows Standalone Player
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"