Search Issue Tracker
Game Objects will lose their parents when moved between Scenes in the Scene Hierarchy if the Parent object is expanded
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "New Unity Project.zip"
2. Open Scene 'a'
3. From the Project view drag Scene 'b' to the Scene Hierarchy
4. Expand the Root-1 Game Object
5. Select all the objects in Scene 'a'
6. Drag them to Scene 'b'
Expected result: The objects retain their parent-child structure
Actual result: The objects lose their parent-child structure
Reproducible with: 2018.4.34f1, 2019.4.26f1, 2020.3.7f1, 2021.1.6f1, 2021.2.0a16
Workaround: Collapse the parent objects before selecting the objects to move
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Framedebugger: compute shader ints showing up in Float section with wrong value
- Unity Editor process remains running after closing Editor
- Animation is not mirrored when toggling the 'Mirror animation' option in Blend Tree
- '.' gets replaced with '_' without a warning when creating a folder that starts with '.'
- OnApplicationPause pauseStatus is incorrect after losing focus on macOS