Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 12.0.0
Found in [Package]
Game Object with Translucent Material Type loses translucency when Ray Traced Shadows are enabled on Light
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "1307870_Repro" project downloaded from Google Drive (link in the Edit)
2. Open the Scene "AptoDemo"
3. In the Scene/Game view inspect the "curtains7" GameObject
4. In the Hierarchy select the "Directional Light" GameObject
5. In the Inspector expand Shadows, foldout Shadow Map, and enable "Ray Traced Shadows (Preview)"
6. In the Scene/Game view inspect the "curtains7" GameObject
Expected results: The light still shines through curtains
Actual results: The curtains become a solid object, no light shines through
Reproducible with: 7.5.3 (2019.4.21f1), 10.3.1 (2020.2.6f1), 11.0.0 (2021.1.0b9), 12.0.0 (2021.2.0a7
Could not test with: 2018.4.32f1 because DXR was not yet available
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Button highlight state disabled when hovering cursor over smaller sized child UI objects
- "Unity has stopped working" window is skipped when the Editor crashes
- The "Properties..." shortcut does not open the Focused Inspector window when the new GameObject is created
- Editor crashes when using WebCamTexture
- [URP] ShaderKeywords '_MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS' and '_ADDITIONAL_LIGHT_SHADOWS' are always enabled in the Editor