Search Issue Tracker
Game Object Material starts flickering when dragging new material over other Game Object that touches first Object
1. Open the attached project "Flickering.zip"
2. Go to the Project window
3. Select "black" Material and drag it over the "Cube" Game Object in the Scene View without releasing it
4. Drag the same "black" Material onto the "Sphere" Game Object without releasing it
5. Observe the "Sphere" Object
Expected result: "Sphere" Object Material is changed while hovering with "black" Material over
Actual result: "Sphere" Object Material flickers while hovering with "black" Material over
Reproducible with: 2020.3.19f1, 2020.3.34f1, 2021.3.1f.1, 2022.1.0f1, 2022.2.0a11
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.38f1, 2020.3.18f1
- Reproducible with macOS
- Not reproducible with Windows
- Not reproducible if Game Objects are not touching each other
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] "SSL handshake Failed" In Bug Reporter after clicking "Send"
- High polling rate mice are causing performance issues
- [WebGL] Bad performance when playing in Safari
- Resolution is reset when the Player is restarted
- [Android] Object movement stutters on Android even with constant Time.deltaTime