Search Issue Tracker
FPS drops when the Camera is on the right side of the instantiated GameObject with Graphics.DrawMeshInstancedIndirect method
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "GPU instancing test.zip" project
2. Open the "InstancedIndirectExample" Scene
3. Enter Play Mode
4. Move the Camera to the right side of the instantiated GameObject with the mouse (See attached "1278749_repro.mp4")
5. Observe the FPS in the Statistics window
Expected result: FPS is the stay when the Camera is on the left and right side of the instantiated GameObject
Actual result: FPS is lower (around 30-40) when the Camera is on the right side of the instantiated GameObject, while on the left side is higher (around 70-120)
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a2 2019.4.12f1, 2020.1.9f1, 2020.2.0b8, 2021.1.0a1
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.28f1, 2019.3.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Can't select sRGB color format for Render Texture on HDRP project
- Built player takes multiple seconds to shut down
- Wireframe flicker and quad shaped artifacts on terrain trees using Mac Metal.
- Spamming error: `GLSL: Shader cannot be patched for instancing.` When enabling terrain Draw Instanced option in desktop OpenGL.
- [Mono, Debugger] VS 2019 debugger detaches when the Trace.TraceInformation is called with a specific string