Search Issue Tracker
Fatal Error "GetManagerFromContext: 'Lightmap Settings' is NULL" is thrown after locking Inspector and closing the Editor
Fatal Error "GetManagerFromContext: 'Lightmap Settings' is NULL" is thrown after selecting any material, locking Inspector, and then closing the Editor.
1. Create a new project
2. Create a new material and select it
3. Lock the Inspector window where the material is assigned to
4. Press "X" in Editor title-bar to quit
Desired outcome: The editor closes without a crash.
Actual result: Editor shows "GetManagerFromContext: pointer to object of manager "Lightmap Settings" is NULL (table index 26) UnityEditor.Material:OnDisable()" then crashes after pressing "Quit" button.
GetManagerFromContext: pointer to object of manager 'LightmapSettings' is NULL (table index 26)
Reproduced with 2017.1.0b2, 2017.1.0f1, 2017.2.0a1, 2017.2.0b1
Not reproduced with 5.5.4p1, 5.6.2p1, 2017.1.0a1, 2017.1.0a4, 2017.1.0b1
Regression introduced in 2017.1.0b2
Jun 28, 2017 10:59
I have the same issue on 2017.1.0f1, but it tells me about "table index 25".
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
This is a duplicate of issue #905395