Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.5.1
Failing to create DX11 device on Windows 7
1- Start Unity in DirectX 11 mode.
Expected Result: Editor starts in DirectX 11 mode.
Observed Result: Editor starts in DirectX 9 mode even if it is forced to use DirectX 11.
(With error: "d3d11: failed to create D3D11 device (0x80070057)")
Reproducible with versions from 5.4.4 to 5.5.1
Not Reproducible in: 5.6 beta.
Regression introduced when: 5.4.4 (actually 5.4.3p4) added "Graphics: Added support for feature level 11.1 on D3D11/D3D12."
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crash in SerializedFile::ReadMetadata<false> when AssetBundle. LoadFromMemory() is called
- ProceduralMaterial.ClearCache() on "Do Nothing" Substance triggers RebuildTextures
- Setting "Default Behavior Mode" to "2D" breaks HDR rendering
- Crash in GdipCreateBitmapFromStream when calling System.Drawing.Bitmap constructor
- DLL files are not excluded during building for standalone platform, even though they are selected to be excluded