Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
Every call to BuildAssetBundles recompiles scripts
1. Open attached project
2. Press Assets > AssetBundles > Build Asset Bundles
The script will now build an asset bundle consisting of one image - test.png - a hundred times, and for each time it will display an additional set of warnings in the console, which suggests that scripts are recompiled when an asset bundle is built.
Note: The scripts being recompiled are not in the asset bundle, and the build target doesn't change, thus there is no need for the scripts to be recompiled.
Reproduced on: 5.5.0b1, 5.5.0f3, 5.6.0b2
Not reproduced on: 5.4.0f2, 5.4.3f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] Unity crashes or freezes when loading an AssetBundle with AssetBundle.LoadFromFile
- [Linux][Profiler] Missing Profiler error has thrown clicking the "Save Changes" button
- 1 frame long audio clip plays an inconsistent audio sample or does not play at all in the Timeline
- SerializedObject ApplyModifiedProperties is not returning true when editing a List field with custom editor code
- Labels Overlap in NavMeshObstacle Inspector when shape is set to "Box" and Inspector's width is small