Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
Every call to BuildAssetBundles recompiles scripts
1. Open attached project
2. Press Assets > AssetBundles > Build Asset Bundles
The script will now build an asset bundle consisting of one image - test.png - a hundred times, and for each time it will display an additional set of warnings in the console, which suggests that scripts are recompiled when an asset bundle is built.
Note: The scripts being recompiled are not in the asset bundle, and the build target doesn't change, thus there is no need for the scripts to be recompiled.
Reproduced on: 5.5.0b1, 5.5.0f3, 5.6.0b2
Not reproduced on: 5.4.0f2, 5.4.3f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics Settings RP Asset is changed to None when you press the Escape Key in Object Picker and choose to Continue
- Dedicated Server player crashes on complex HDRP project
- [Mac] Dedicated Server build only decreases Memory usage, CPU time and Build size remain the same as Standalone
- [Linux][Mac] Executing Build And Run with Dedicated Server platform does not open Terminal
- [deprecated] BuildOptions.EnableHeadlessMode needs clearer warning for its conflicts with BuildOptions.subtarget field