Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X
Error assigning 3D texture to 2D texture property '_MainTex' when using a Texture3D and a Shader from the Unity Manual
How to reproduce:
1. Open user-submitted project (TextureImporterIssues.zip)
2. Create a new Cube GameObject
3. Assign the Cube the material '3D'
4. Left-click in the Scene View window
Expected result: no errors are thrown
Actual result: "Error assigning 3D texture to 2D texture property '_MainTex': Dimensions must match" errors are thrown
Reproducible with: 2018.4.0f1, 2018.4.28f1, 2020.2.0b1, 2020.2.0b11, 2021.1.0a4
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.0f1, 2019.4.14f1, 2020.1.12f1, 2020.2.0a21
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"