Search Issue Tracker
Entering or leaving play mode, or changing Editor color scheme throws "NullReferenceException" error
When entering or leaving play mode or even changing the color scheme in Preferences throws "NullReferenceException" error. When you double click on the error it comes up with a file that's missing an "Editor window" field.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Enter play mode
Optional: Go to Preferences -> Color and change around any of the colors for a more severe effect
3. Observe console for error message
Expected outcome: Nothing out of the ordinary happens. Play mode, color scheme changing throws no errors.
Actual outcome: Console throws "NullReferenceException" error each time some change in GUI happens.
The issue might be Layout related, because if you reset layout to default, the Errors stop appearing.
Reproduced on v 5.5.0p2, 5.5.2f1 and 5.5.3f1
Didn't reproduce on v 5.6.0b3, 2017.1.0a4
Couldn't do regression testing, because trying to open the project on an earlier build says the layout cannot be loaded and the default has to be used. (Getting rid of the error in the process)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Terrain inspector is suggesting a shader which doesn't work
- [Search] Index Manager: Empty item in Include or Exclude list will be taken in count
- [Search] Index Manager folder browse button is limited to Asset folder
- [Search] User Created Indices disappear from manager list if disabled
- UI Toolkit's and IMGUI's Color property's label behaves differently after opening the Color Picker window