Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
EditorWindow.hierarchyChanged will not be fired when reparenting Transform if the scene is already dirty
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "hierarchyChangedEvent2.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. In Hierarchy window, make "GameObject" be a child of "GameObject (1)"
3. Observe Console window ("Hierarchy changed!" is printed)
4. In Hierarchy window, make "GameObject" be a child of "Map"
5. Repeat step 2 and 3
Expected result: "Hierarchy changed!" is printed
Actual result: "Hierarchy changed!" is not printed
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0a6, 2019.2.10f1, 2019.3.0b9, 2020.1.0a11
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.12f1, 2019.1.0a5
Could not test with: 2017.4 ("EditorWindow.hierarchyChanged" was not yet implemented)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)
- Stack frames are missing from Console window when in Full Stack trace mode
- An error is returned and no package is listed if an invalid package is hosted on a scoped registry
- Camera.WorldToScreenPoint is producing different behavior with dynamic resolution
- Gray color does not equal gray when comparing Color.gray and Color.gray