Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.5
Editor's console unable to display unicode characters
Building to Universal Windows Platform, when pc has Windows 10 Japanese version (display language: Japanese), errors in editor's console are showed as unreadable hieroglyphs.
Reproduced with 5.2, 5.3.
Set up Japanese language on Win10. Press windows button -> Settings -> Time & Language -> Region & language tab -> Add a language (Japanse).
Set Japanese as default language.
Now go to "Region" settings. In "Administrative" tab press "Change system locale...". From drop down list pick Japanese. Restart computer. Windows should load with Japanese locale.
1. open project "UnityUniversalApp.zip".
2. build to WSA Universal 10 or WSA 8.1.
3. observe the console. Errors are showed as hieroglyphs.
Workaround: use English language for non-Unicode programs.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash in StackAllocator::TryDeallocate when calling ParticleSystemRenderer.BakeMesh
- Modifying scoped registries in project manifest does not update Package Manager UI window
- Models change their position in scene when reimporting them in 2019.4
- Texture 'Read/Write' option does not double the memory in Profiler
- [Particle System] Ribbon trails are connected in the wrong order when moving the Particle System with faster movements