Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.5
Editor's console unable to display unicode characters
Building to Universal Windows Platform, when pc has Windows 10 Japanese version (display language: Japanese), errors in editor's console are showed as unreadable hieroglyphs.
Reproduced with 5.2, 5.3.
Set up Japanese language on Win10. Press windows button -> Settings -> Time & Language -> Region & language tab -> Add a language (Japanse).
Set Japanese as default language.
Now go to "Region" settings. In "Administrative" tab press "Change system locale...". From drop down list pick Japanese. Restart computer. Windows should load with Japanese locale.
1. open project "UnityUniversalApp.zip".
2. build to WSA Universal 10 or WSA 8.1.
3. observe the console. Errors are showed as hieroglyphs.
Workaround: use English language for non-Unicode programs.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Aspect Ratio Fitter's "Fit In Parent" Aspect Mode causes scene to update indefinitely
- DragAndDrop state is not cleanup after a drag
- [SRP] Shadow culling ignores Lens Shift setting on Camera
- Output Texture's RGB values are slightly different from the source PNG image when using Texture2D.EncodeToPNG function
- [Android] Accessing any class/instance member with an "AggressiveInlining" attribute will cause a crash