Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.3.5
Editor's console unable to display unicode characters
Building to Universal Windows Platform, when pc has Windows 10 Japanese version (display language: Japanese), errors in editor's console are showed as unreadable hieroglyphs.
Reproduced with 5.2, 5.3.
Set up Japanese language on Win10. Press windows button -> Settings -> Time & Language -> Region & language tab -> Add a language (Japanse).
Set Japanese as default language.
Now go to "Region" settings. In "Administrative" tab press "Change system locale...". From drop down list pick Japanese. Restart computer. Windows should load with Japanese locale.
1. open project "UnityUniversalApp.zip".
2. build to WSA Universal 10 or WSA 8.1.
3. observe the console. Errors are showed as hieroglyphs.
Workaround: use English language for non-Unicode programs.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [LWRP][ARKit] Camera feed is not seen when using LWRP on iOS devices
- One Input axis does not work after using Input.ResetInputAxes() while both axes are held down
- [UWP] Build fails when the project folder name has non-ascii character.
- Prefab Asset changes are not reflected inside Prefab Editor when Unity Editor is in the Play Mode
- [Audio] DSP Buffer Size sets to Best performance when pressing trying to set to default