Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.0f1
Fixed in 2018.2
EditorGUIUtility.PingObject() does not work if Packages root is closed
1. Open the attached project "New Unity Project (13).zip";
2. Make sure the Project View is in single-column mode;
3. Make sure the "Packages" root has its contents hidden (triangle pointing right);
4. Choose Tests>Ping Packaged Asset;
Expected results: Packages folder will be pinged.
Actual results: Only error occurs in the console and nothing happens.
Trying the same thing with a user asset (making sure to first hide the contents of Assets, and choosing the appropriate menu item) works as expected.
This bug is not apparent in two-column mode.
Reproduced on: 2018.2.0b1, 2018.2.0b9, 2018.3.0a3. (Packages folder is showed in the Project view only from 2018.2.0b1)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Native object references for some object types are always 0 in the memory profiler
- Acute shadow acne when using two overlapping spotlights
- Tabbed headers in editor windows need a style update
- [Android][IL2CPP] App crashes after executing Application.Quit
- Command line testing in batchmode with legacy -runEditorTests is not equivalent to -runTests -testPlatform EditMode