Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.0f1
Fixed in 2018.2.X
EditorGUIUtility.PingObject() does not work if Packages root is closed
1. Open the attached project "New Unity Project (13).zip";
2. Make sure the Project View is in single-column mode;
3. Make sure the "Packages" root has its contents hidden (triangle pointing right);
4. Choose Tests>Ping Packaged Asset;
Expected results: Packages folder will be pinged.
Actual results: Only error occurs in the console and nothing happens.
Trying the same thing with a user asset (making sure to first hide the contents of Assets, and choosing the appropriate menu item) works as expected.
This bug is not apparent in two-column mode.
Reproduced on: 2018.2.0b1, 2018.2.0b9, 2018.3.0a3. (Packages folder is showed in the Project view only from 2018.2.0b1)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New input system Windows native backend gets stuck in infinite loop when USB HID device with 0xFFFF usage max is plugged in
- Superluminal fails to resolve symbols after mono upgrade
- RootEditor predicate for GameObjects disables Drag and Drop in the Scene View
- Player Input component help reference button does not link to docs
- Slider OnValueChanged event is not called when changing value from the Inspector