Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.0f1
Fixed in 2018.2.X
EditorGUIUtility.PingObject() does not work if Packages root is closed
1. Open the attached project "New Unity Project (13).zip";
2. Make sure the Project View is in single-column mode;
3. Make sure the "Packages" root has its contents hidden (triangle pointing right);
4. Choose Tests>Ping Packaged Asset;
Expected results: Packages folder will be pinged.
Actual results: Only error occurs in the console and nothing happens.
Trying the same thing with a user asset (making sure to first hide the contents of Assets, and choosing the appropriate menu item) works as expected.
This bug is not apparent in two-column mode.
Reproduced on: 2018.2.0b1, 2018.2.0b9, 2018.3.0a3. (Packages folder is showed in the Project view only from 2018.2.0b1)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied
- Lego tutorial does not continue when text fields are updated