Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.0f1
Fixed in 2018.2
EditorGUIUtility.PingObject() does not work if Packages root is closed
1. Open the attached project "New Unity Project (13).zip";
2. Make sure the Project View is in single-column mode;
3. Make sure the "Packages" root has its contents hidden (triangle pointing right);
4. Choose Tests>Ping Packaged Asset;
Expected results: Packages folder will be pinged.
Actual results: Only error occurs in the console and nothing happens.
Trying the same thing with a user asset (making sure to first hide the contents of Assets, and choosing the appropriate menu item) works as expected.
This bug is not apparent in two-column mode.
Reproduced on: 2018.2.0b1, 2018.2.0b9, 2018.3.0a3. (Packages folder is showed in the Project view only from 2018.2.0b1)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- VFX Graph not retaining reference to custom spawner
- [URP] Blend Style panel is translucent and appears to be of different colour
- ProjectFilesGenerator.ProjectFileGeneration event isn't raised
- [Asset Import] Errors thrown on creating a project using microgame templates
- A game object is instantiated in a translated transform position when it is instantiated as a child of a new parent object