Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2020.1.X, 2020.2.X
Editor locks up when applying a material to a prefab in isolation mode after renaming the prefab
When editing a prefab in isolation, if you rename the prefab and then immediately drag + drop a material onto it in scene view, the editor will lock up. The renaming confirmation popup will be shown but you cannot interact with it and the cursor will get stuck in the wait state.
I cannot reproduce this on MacOS 10.15.6, is possibly Windows only.
2. Open the attached project
3. Open TestPrefab in isolation mode (Make sure automatic save is on)
4. In Project View, rename the prefab
5. Drag + drop the material "MaterialToApply" onto the prefab in scene view
The rename prefab popup appears and the editor continues to function as normal.
The rename prefab popup appears but the editor locks up.
Tested on Windows 10, MacOS 10.15.6
Occurs on 2020.1.8f1, 2020.2.0b6, 2020.2.a12, 2021.1.0a1
Does not occur on 2018.4.28f1, 2019.4.12f1, 2020.1.7f1, 2020.2.a11
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
- [Linux] Player consumes more CPU resources when it is running in the background
- Save process is triggered every time when prefab property values are changed by dragging
- Physics.SphereCastNonAlloc is slow when the results array is large
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in: 2021.1.0a4