Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Editor freezes each time it compiles when it can't connect to Perforce server
How to reproduce:
1. Download the attached project 'My project.zip'
2. Enter Play mode
Expected result: Editor does not freeze (can compile for ~2 seconds)
Actual result: Editor freezes for 1 minute or 10 seconds (depending on OS)
Reproducible with: 2020.3.0f1, 2020.3.30f1, 2021.1.0a1, 2021.1.0a10
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.36f1, 2020.2.0a21, 2021.2.0a1, 2021.2.14f1, 2022.1.0b11, 2022.2.0a8
- Does not reproduce when text fields in Version Control settings are empty (server info) or if Perforce is not selected
- The freeze is shorter on Windows (10 seconds) than macOS (1 minute)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Fatal freeze when playing a VFX made with VFX Graph and consisting many effects
- "Failed to download Build.data.br file" error is thrown when building projects for WebGL with the Compression Format set to "Brotli"
- Documentation Link does not work when the "New Panel Settings" question mark is clicked
- Async Scene load operation with allowSceneActivation set to false completes when refocusing the Editor
- [Addressables] OperationException errors appear when using Synchronous loading of remote AssetBundles and RetryCount
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in: 2021.2.0a1