Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.1
Editor doesn't start up on Windows 32bit
-e: as per title, editor startup fails with windows error message.
--NOTE: XP support for the editor was dropped with 5.3
--install unity on 32bit windows 7
--try to start the editor
--NOTICE project selector stays just black
-5.2 + 5.1 start just fine on Win7 32bit
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Decal Projector with layer mask "nothing" doesn't affect transparent objects when Decal Layers are disabled in frame settings
- "MonoBehaviour.OnApplicationQuit" is still called when quitting is canceled by “Application.wantsToQuit“ returning false
- [2D SG/VFX] Surface options are not shown in Output Inspector when 2D Sprite SG is assigned to VFX
- Collisions are incorrectly registered when setting a joint motor every frame causes
- Terrain shadows flicker while moving the Camera in the Player when Terrain contains GPU instanced materials
Oct 13, 2016 22:07
Aand you've got a regression.
Unity 5.4.2f1 behaves exactly the same, lacking the same packages. NPM fails with this:
fetchPackageMetaData Error: Registry returned 500 for GET on https://registry.npmjs.org/unity-editor-home.0.1.35.tgz
because npmjs.org says this:
message "options.uri is a required argument"
This is for the current stable release for Windows. The same issue hits Linux users who can't use Unity unless they have NPM on their system.
Why must my local Unity install depend on random resources from somewhere on the internet?
And if said resources fail, why can't it graciously fall back to, in this case, not offering cloud features?
Apr 30, 2016 21:21
I am having the same issue after updating to 5.3.4 on OS X. Reverting to 5.3.3 won't fix. Neither manually copying the node modules as suggested elsewhere helps. Simply can't use Unity anymore as we speak.
Mar 15, 2016 08:57
I still have this bug with Windows 7 64bit and Unity 5.3.3f1 64bit (Clean initial Install) and the written solutions in the Forum don't help
Dec 29, 2015 08:46
I have the same problem on windows 7 ultimate 64-bit. I didn't find Unity folder in ProgramData one. I think license is missing. How can I fix it?
Dec 12, 2015 14:37
can you give me the files? @MUK99
Dec 10, 2015 21:21
I had the same problem, and noticed there were two missing folders in 32bits version at %appdata%\Unity\Packages, i've got these folders with a friend, put it there and it's working pretty well
Dec 09, 2015 11:41
See http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity3d-5-3-not-working.372682/ for workarounds.