Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Duplicate in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Editor crashes while exiting play mode
1. Open attached project
2. Assign NewBehaviourScript to any GameObject in Hierarchy
3. Drag to the Project Browser to convert to prefab
4. Enter Playmode
5. Exit Playmode
==> Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2019.4.23f1, 2019.4.24f1
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.22f1, 2020.3.5f1, 2021.1.3f1, 2021.2.0a14
Note: If Editor does not crash, repeat step 4-5 a few times
Take a look into attached movie for details
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux][Plastic SCM] "Access Denied" error when downloading Plastic SCM Cloud Edition through the Editor
- UpdateRendererBonudingVolumes process takes more time when disabled Renderers are used
- "ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null" error is thrown when selecting a Visual Element with a custom Render Texture set as a background
- Changes are not saved when changing Styles' orders in the UI Builder
- “InvalidOperationException: Not enough space in output buffer (need 24, has 0)” error is thrown when using NativeList.GetVertices()
Aug 25, 2021 11:10
Will this fix be backported to 2019.4 LTS?
May 21, 2021 22:50
2019.4.25f1 Have crashes.
May 20, 2021 15:12
Just a quick note for anyone watching this thread. Unity support let me know not to revert back to 22 as it could cause package corruption. They also said there aren't any work arounds identified at the moment for the problem.
May 19, 2021 15:50
Has anyone tried to revert back to version 22 perhaps? It doesn't show that version as being affected by the bug. Is that a workable solution for now?
May 19, 2021 15:45
Upgraded from 25 to 26 and this error is now pretty consistent it did used occur in very sporadically in previous version, not enough to worry about.
May 12, 2021 05:28
After ı upgraded to 2019.4.26.f1 ı didnt get this issue at starting of project but after week ı keep getting crash when ı play in editorr an exit .
May 07, 2021 06:29
Have had this issue a lot since upgrading to 2019.4.24f1 from a previous 2019.4.x version. Doesn't happen every time but darn near every time.