Search Issue Tracker
Editor crashes when invalid data is passed into UnityWebRequestTexture.GetTexture
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project ("1202451.zip")
2. Open SampleScene
3. Enter Play mode
4. Make sure "Error Pause" is enabled in the Console
5. Enable the "EnableMeToCrash" GameObject
Reproduced with: 2019.2.11f1, 2019.2.16f1, 2019.3.0b9, 2019.3.0f2, 2020.1.0a8, 2020.1.0a15
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.35f1, 2018.4.14f1, 2019.2.10f1, 2019.3.0b8, 2020.1.0a7
Errors before crash:
Curl error 3: <url> malformed
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules/UnityWebRequest/Implementations/TransportCurl.cpp Line: 796)
* Assertion at ..\mono\metadata\threads.c:1788, condition `internal' not met
- Editor crashes silently on Windows, with Bug Reporter and a stacktrace on Mac
- On versions deemed not reproducible the repro steps only give a "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" exception
- Invalid data, in this case, is an empty string ("") or null
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- deadlock in AssetDatabase_AcceleratorClient_Scheduling.ScheduledRequest_Status_InProgress
- Texture Compression settings on Android and WebGL Platforms are reset to default when building the project using a script
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Some GameObjects ignore the Default Parent when creating them in the Hierarchy