Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Editor crashes in ParticleSystemRenderer::UpdateVertexInputLayout when instantiating particles with Render type "Mesh
1. Open attached project "StrD.zip"
2. Make sure you open scene called "_MAIN"
3. When you hit play it will execute Instantiate where it will load prefab containing particles from Resources into the scene
4. Editor will crash
Not reproducible with Unity 2020.2.0b1
Always reproducible with Unity 2020.2.0b2
Tested on OSX Catalina
Was not tested on Windows machine
If you change Render Mode in Particle System found in "fx_lighnings_02/lighnings" object it won't crash (as well if you remove meshes/materials).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Atlas is compressed when Compress Assets on Import is disabled
- "UnityException: Unable to package apk Unity library missing for the selected architecture x86" error on android il2cpp builds
- Colors are not dilated on the edges when Alpha is Transparency parameter is enabled on the Texture
- [Hub][Linux] Hub .AppImage does not allow to upgrade the Hub from 2.4.5 to 3.0.0-beta.2
- [Profiler] Current frame button initially hides profile frame marker