Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Editor crashes in GetPrefabHandle when deselecting a Prefab without a prefab contents root
How to reproduce:
1. Open user-submitted project (forge.zip)
2. Select Tools > ProBuilder > Editors > New Poly Shape
3. Without deselecting the 'New Game Object' in the Hierarchy window drag it into the Project window
4. Deselect the created Prefab
Expected result: the Editor does not crash
Actual result: the Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2018.4.9f1, 2018.4.18f1, 2019.3.3f1, 2020.1.0a25, 2020.2.0a1
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.8f1
Could not test with: 2017.4.37f1(ProBuilder package unavailable)
In 2018.4.8f1 and earlier versions opening the Prefab and deselecting the New Game Object a pop-up is thrown instead and no crash occurs:
"Error: The Prefab contents root has been deleted"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GameObject doesn't execute animation the way it's supposed to until any GameObject in the Hierarchy is selected when in the Play Mode
- PropertyField does not properly render its field when changing it back from a valid Asset to "None"
- "ArgumentException: Input Button Enable Debug Button 1 is not set" is thrown when "Enable Debug Button 1" is deleted
- Duplicate invocations when Enabling InputActions during handling an input action
- "Assertion failed on expression" exceptions are thrown when using IJobParallelForTransformExtensions.RunReadOnly
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in 2020.2.0a4